Volunteer Safety Guidelines
My Daily Armor Ministries
While volunteering with MDA your safety is our highest priority. The following is a list of safety guidelines that have been created to help keep you as safe as possible when volunteering. It’s our goal, that you have a safe and rewarding experience with us. Ultimately, you are responsible for your own safety. Please be aware of your surroundings and call 911 if the situation warrants.
The following safety guidelines have been created to help keep you as safe as possible when volunteering:
- We typically arrive onsite around 5:45 pm to begin our meal service, but can occasionally run late. If you find yourself arriving prior to our teams arrival, please stay in your vehicle, or drive around the block until we arrive. There is safety in numbers.
- Always be aware of your surroundings and bring anything unusual to the attention of team leads, Scott Goldbach and/or Norm Reeves. See Something, Say Something!
- Be sure to lock your car and place valuables out of site when serving onsite with our homeless outreach.
- Be very careful about the information you share with our homeless friends and families. (You will be called if you provide your phone number, all hours of the night, for any number of reasons. Camp Campbell, as well as a number of our other homeless friends and families have our ministries direct number, which is answered around the clock).
- Under no circumstances should you venture into Camp Campbell (or Any homeless camp) or away from our group alone. (Always ask team leads, Scott Goldbach and/or Norm Reeves to escort you.)
- Under no circumstances should you transport anyone on behalf of our ministry.
- In the event of a medical emergency reach out to our onsite nurses, Mary Lang and Susan Abner, and alert others to contact 911 if the situation warrants.
- You are ultimately responsible for your own safety. Please be aware of your surroundings and call 911 if the situation warrants.
Do feel free to pray with our homeless friends and families (but do not force your prayers on them), share your love and compassion, and always do so with a humbled spirit.
Our homeless friends and families are at a time in their lives when they need God more than ever. Talk to them, share your love and compassion, it’s what God calls us to do every day in Matthew 25:40 and other places in scripture.
The information in this document is not meant to be all encompassing, and may be updated from time to time. Email us for the most current version at any time.
My Daily Armor Ministries supplies food, clothing, education, and financial assistance for medical care to orphans internationally, and helps feed and care for the homeless in the US. We are a Christian organization with visions set on supplying humanitarian relief efforts across the globe.
Connect With Us
Phone: 1.502.225.3734 USA/EST
My Daily Armor Ministries
PO Box 373
Hillview, KY 40129
24 Hour Prayer Line
Matthew 25:35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,
My Daily Armor Ministries is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. All donations are tax deductible in full or in part. © 2017 My Daily Armor Ministries, MyDailyArmor.Org, AmazingOrphans.Org, JonnysWagon.Org. All rights reserved.